Think I Need New Piston Rings

IDI AMIN

Cheers guys it was with the carrier caps loosened that i got it in and with pressing on the spring as well .If i had bent a valve would it not cause problems trying to drive
Hope to F##k it's not a bent valve too late to turn it by hand etc just need to see how it is in the morning

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
just look at the height of the spring on the other side if its higher than that one then it would show the valve is not returning to the right height (bent)

what about the gap new its refitted can you pull the rocker out from under the cam with 2 fingers ?

IDI AMIN

I hope its ok mate, fingers crossed for u
Thanks Dave. It fired up this morning without problems although i was a little nervous, a few minutes on the road i thought i heard something not sure what it was so i panicked a little .but it seemed fine done another 100 miles today without any apparent problems maybe a couple of slight misfires could be related i don't know. Will take the cam cover off again at the weekend and have another look , i can't be arsed doing it again tonight. Was out till back of eleven trying to sort it

I am wondering if this has something to do with the valve guide i fitted on the inlet side, that is where this came off and could well be the very one this came off ,so that's a little concerning . Don't fancy taking head off again just now but if it's necessary i don't have much choice
So just need to see what occurs over next couple of days.
I thought it was complacency when refitting all parts on head but i'm sure this would have been spotted befoe cam cover went back on and probably jammed the cam and stopped it turning

IDI AMIN

Thinking back it is possible that a valve may have been bent on my head i was going to try and make a little vid of the chain dipping but everything was upset as i had removed tensioner then put it back in .and i felt that the crank was not completely turning so i stopped to prevent anything being damaged
this is the only thing that springs to mind to explain why that tappet has been moved out of position
The car is still running though, i have still to remove the cover to see if it has happened again
But would a bent valve not mean the car is un driveable ? If potentially one of the valves is not opening and closing , i suppose a compression test would help with some answers

You can also see the 2 pics . the affected valve and tappet is not obviously sitting higher so that is a strange one why this happened

Dave Gilbert

If u had even a slightly bent valve I think you would know about it, it would either run like s**t or not runat all

A compression test wouldnt hurt to put your mind at rest.

IDI AMIN

If u had even a slightly bent valve I think you would know about it, it would either run like s**t or not runat all
I would agree with that statement Dave(y)

So i have done 500 miles changed the oil and filter , seems to be running ok, 2 separate mechanics say it sounds fine , good emissions with very little smoke at the back. One said if that bit came off again it would be misfiring , It sounds fine with a nice steady idle in my opinion, will try and get a vid up of how it sounds.
Still have not done a compression test yet not desperate to do itanymore it was just with what happened i was concerned , may get round to giving it a comp test sometime during the week
A mate who is one of the mechanics had a delphi diagnostics system on his laptop and ran a scan turned off management light . It came back on after a day not even after doing many miles. Fitted the spacer on today to see if it sorted the management light issue light was off after starting car again will see how it performs over the week
Only other registered problem was abs , i think it is down to a broken wire will sort it soon

20140914_175033.jpg

Cant fit it straight across in line with the pipe , cat gets in the way in one direction to the left , so it sits as you can see slightly angled under the cat .
To the right is the flange . So i hope this is ok. How do others have theirs fitted ?