Project Freeze My Ass Off (rear Poly Bush's Astra G)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
thanks all
i've now got the daunting task of doing the ecu wiring right there just twisted with tape on atm :)

i did mod the battery tray with some stainless plate but go no pic :(

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
this is just the tip of the iceberg as they say :)

was going to do more to the car but got roped into this dad can't do it he found out 3 weeks ago he's got a blood clot in his leg and mom won't let him :)
WP_001345.jpg

heres where im up to with the car ignore the cam breather hose put it on as it was smelling up the engine bay
WP_001346.jpg

not bad considering
""the 120amp alternator is too big"" i say bs it is mines got one
""battery in the boot"" what's wrong with putting it where its meant to be :)

need to get the loom sorted and make a bracket for the ecu and move the water pipe to under the snout went a bought 4 bottles of long life coolant this morning ready to fill it up

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Nice one hope your Dads ok when you booking in for final mapping?
dad getting better now hes on the rat poison :)
there is still a lot of work to do before i can take it for the final map
stainless down pipe to be made
chargecooler to be bought fitted and then get the gsi bumper painted and fitted

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
just cut and soldered the rest of the wiring and fitted it in a length of split conduit with proper loom tape still to cut the battery tray and make a proper bracket for the ecu
i've also gone back to the rikspeed air filter think it looks a better size and fits the gap
had to put some more oil in the charger its drank the 1st 100ml its my own fault for fitting rubber seals in the case and not viton the rubber has melted and is now letting oil out hehe
WP_001356.jpg

vx-chris

I still can't believe you managed to keep the battery in the bay in it original position (well near original position lol)

Well done for doing it though as it looks more OE that way (y)