Piper 2.5" vx220 exhaust system

PiperRS

Trader
1. Scubadaddy - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Polished Tailpipes - Collected 7/2/9
2. Techieboy - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Polished Tailpipes - Sent 10/2/9
3. Karlosfandango - AWAITING CONFIRMATION
4. RSG - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Black Tailpipes
5. Robins - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Polished Tailpipes - Sent 6/2/9
6. Joe589 - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Black Tailpipes
7. Mandarinvx - AWAITING CONFIRMATION
8. VOCKY - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Polished Tailpipes - Sent 11/2/9

techieboy

PiperRS said:
2. Techieboy - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Polished Tailpipes - Sent 10/2/9

Hi Garry, do you know what day the system is likely to be delivered? Need to go out but don't want to risk missing it and the couriers damaging it whilst "storing" it for me.

PiperRS

Trader
techieboy said:
PiperRS said:

Hi Garry, do you know what day the system is likely to be delivered? Need to go out but don't want to risk missing it and the couriers damaging it whilst "storing" it for me.

My sources tell me you should pester your neighbour ;)

ai401.photobucket.com_albums_pp93_PiperRS_album_Track_1.jpg

Any problems let me know mate.

Kind Regards

Garry Curley
Race Product Development Dept

techieboy

How right you are. Fecking couriers didn't bother leaving a "missed delivery" card. Luckily the neighbour just stuck her head out of the door as I was about to jump in the car. Thanks!!

PiperRS

Trader
techieboy said:
How right you are. Fecking couriers didn't bother leaving a "missed delivery" card. Luckily the neighbour just stuck her head out of the door as I was about to jump in the car. Thanks!!

Awesome. Glad you got it okay in the end :)

Kind Regards

Garry Curley

techieboy

PiperRS said:
vocky said:
mine turned up at lunchtime (y)

Good Good, now its hidden away in the garage is it ;)

Garry

Mine is unpacked and stashed in various places around the garage so it doesn't draw any attention. :shifty:

Does anybody have any views on whether I need to try and source a gasket from somewhere for the cat section to backbox section join? Stupidly, I let all the gaskets go when I sold the Milltek system. Can I get away with using some exhaust assembly paste or similar?

vocky

Staff
there should be a gasket in the packaging Matt dunno..

if not you can have mine as I won't be using it for a while, infact what exhaust I have not bought one and there isn't one stashed anywhere in my garage :shifty:

techieboy

Ah, maybe I'd better check the packaging a little closer first then. Have to confess to not opening the warranty car thing. :oops:

Thanks Neil, may well take you up on the offer if there isn't one. thumbup

PiperRS

Trader
Yes you should have one in the warranty card/fitting kit packet. If you cant find it or need to borrow Neils, let me know and i will fire one across in the post.

:)

Kind Regards

Garry Curley

PiperRS

Trader
1. Scubadaddy - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Polished Tailpipes - Collected 7/2/9
4. RSG - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Black Tailpipes - Sent 16/2/9
7. Mandarinvx - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Black Tailpipes

PiperRS

Trader
4. RSG - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Black Tailpipes - Sent 16/2/9
7. Mandarinvx - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Black Tailpipes
9. ChrisUK - ORDER CONFIRMED AND PAID IN FULL - Black Tailpipes

PiperRS

Trader
Right,

a little bad news i am afriad. I have just had a chat with Richard (RSG) and he has informed me that the black coating we applied to the tailpipes has already flaked off given 30 miles of driving.

We have called our coating company and they dont have another option to try. We are now going to be sending the tailpipes to another coating company that do more race orientated coatings. They are going to get them coated as quick as possible and i shall keep you all updated as i find out more.

Kind Regards

Garry Curley