Help Needed

mikady

My Zafira 2.2 sri petrol (Z22YH engine) is in the garage and was diagnosed with a Swirl Valve Malfunction code p1112. After stripping the inlet manifold down it appears the Swirl Valve Actuator Motor is not working swirl flaps don't appear to be damaged or jammed.

How much is a new Actuator? Can anyone suggest the best and cheapest place to get one from other than a main dealer. Also is it worth blanking off the EGR valve whilst everything is stripped down?

Going to give swirl valves a good clean with some petrol to clean them down although they are not that dirty.

Anyone help?

vocky

Staff
the z22yh egr is totally different to the z22se, not sure how you would blank it off notsure.gif

the breakers or ebay might be worth checking for cheaper parts (y)

Danzest

Firstly, apologies if this is posted in the wrong area, i'm a newb! Ive had/having problems with my Signum 2.2 direct, ecotec. It first went in for the swirl flaps to be replaced setting me back quite a few hundred quid. After that, although it would now start it idled badly and eventually it wouldn't start. I was told its the EGR valve and the garage said they couldn't get a replacement even speaking to Vauxhall who said the same and gave no help. I ordered the blanking plate and cheater from here, went to fit and realised I have the z22yh engine. Ive managed to get a second hand EGR which is being put on this afternoon, but I am concerned how long this will last. Is there anyway the blanking plate and cheater can be fitted to this engine? I saw the picture of where the blanking plate needs to go (picture with manifold removed) but unsure if the one I have will fit and havent got a clue about the cheater! The cars only done 44k miles, cant imagine the replacement one has done much less than that so worried its a ticking time bomb! Any help/suggestions are greatly appreciated, am at my wits end with this!