head work suggestions.

steve2761

hey guys.
gonna get hold of a spare z22se head to work on a bench.
going to clean up inlet cast lines and port out exhaust side.
will be fitting some piper regrind cams (not 100% what duration).

question being that i want to raise compression,from reading and talking to evocarlos i see i can fit YH pistons and rods.im not fanatically technical but mechanically adept enough to carry out the work...

NOW,do i have the head skimmed a touch?and what suggestion on gasket should i use?
SE/YH/NET.understand all differ in thickness.
read somewhere about a 1mm skim.

any help would be appreciated chaps/chapettes.

steve2761

also to add,current mods are:

direct cold air feed.
derestrict box.
70mm box to Tb.
port/polish Tb.
ported inlet manifold.
egr delete.
balance delete.
Friedrich four branch.
air con delete.
lightened crank pulley.
2.5" downpipe.
200cpi sports cat.
magnex 2.5" centre.
gsi twinslash BB.

cavaddict

Have fitted YH pistons & rods into mine although i'm using a Saab B207 ported head. Took 0.5mm off of mine but used a Saab gasket which is slightly thicker. Should still have raised the compression to around the 11:1 mark though. Don't know how far you want to go with your head work, but while its stripped you could fit Saab valves as they're sodium filled so cool better. Also, if you're doing this as a full engine strip down, i'd recommend getting everything dynamically balanced.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
can't say best to ask @vocky for N/A im at 8.9:1 forced induction :)
there are single layer head gaskets out there that will bring it down some also the yh has the higher compression out of them for ""off the shelf parts""
larger ex valves and just port the exhaust side will gain some the inlet it already spec'd well over size

theres a z22se in the batcave awaiting stripdown atm that i thought about doing something with lol