corsaZ22se

what numpty wire's both switch terminals of their charge cooler relay to earth?
oh yeah that will be me then! LoL

corsaZ22se

got this now,
barina.jpg

corsaZ22se

also had new exhaust made by infinity and she seems to rev out quicker. :)
lost some of the drone at motorway speeds but she's a bit loud now. :D
fitted new Alpine INE-W990BT head unit, sat nav, blue tooth, steering controls, and many toys I've yet to find! :LOL:
tried to fit 4pot brembo brakes from corsa D vxr but need to alter the mounts slightly as offset is 2mm different but at least hole centres are spot on :)
just need to find metallic grey paint to do rear callipers now and gain another 10bhp with matching callipers:LOL:

Teth0808

Hi, I just wondering is that possible to move the my 2001 Zafira A Z22SE to Corsa C Z12XE? Will it be so difficult with the wiring with the ECU and still use the transponder on Corsa C? Is there any wiring diagram guide on the web which I can get? Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

corsaZ22se

the best ecu set to use is from a vx220, but the software can be changed. you need the ecu, transponder and key from the z22se vehicle.
as I am at the moment the only person to have completed one of these there is no guides yet.
this one was a z18xe to start with but had a z20let fitted before I brought it so wiring had been altered quite a bit anyway.
I am about to start a second z22se corsa c, its the z12xep. all the different engines has different wiring.
I will post a guide and take more photo's as I do the work hopefully before the end of this year.
https://z22se.co.uk/threads/betty-blu.26682/

Teth0808

the best ecu set to use is from a vx220, but the software can be changed. you need the ecu, transponder and key from the z22se vehicle.
as I am at the moment the only person to have completed one of these there is no guides yet.
this one was a z18xe to start with but had a z20let fitted before I brought it so wiring had been altered quite a bit anyway.
I am about to start a second z22se corsa c, its the z12xep. all the different engines has different wiring.
I will post a guide and take more photo's as I do the work hopefully before the end of this year.
https://z22se.co.uk/threads/betty-blu.26682/

Thanks for your reply, also I think there is another problem is how to make the dashboard working (etc: Speedometer...). I hoping to see your new project done in the nearly future. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

corsaZ22se

this one works some times but needs recalibrating for speedo to be 100% the only thing that does not work is oil pressure light as not function for this on the z22se ecu's. so I just fitted a separate lamp. the rest of dash works, rpm, warning lamps, temp, ect all done with the can bus.

corsaZ22se

Just read all this bio, and I must say top notch work. The car is a credit to you, and really shows all the hard work that has been done to it.

thank you but it wasn't really that hard to do.
all the info you need regarding superchargers is on this forum and now the info for fitting the z22se to a corsa c is as well.
the hardest part is having to pull it all apart to fix a minor fault, well say minor.... the diff made a loud bang the other week while racing a cayenne turbo s 4.5v8. (I beat him ;)) turbo vs supercharger :) now its not working as an atb diff :( got a new spare one that was for the other project corsa so that's going in along with the brembo's and 3" down pipe. may also rewire the front end while its apart? need to finish of the engine loom at some point too.

identiti66

All done.. excellent read fella, loving the car.. (y)
Ermm.. did I miss the info for fitting the 2.2 into a Corsa C (has anyone done a D yet?) or is it lurking elsewhere? The missus (who you met a few months back) is bugging me about maybe going that route once the Vec B is redundant..

corsaZ22se

I'm tempted to build a corsa d z22se or similar only all the canbus wiring will be hard to get around?
a20nft may be the answer with astra parts??
I had this car on the road a year before I had internet or a camera :LOL:
building a second z22se corsa c though so I will try to take more photo's along the way. and list the parts.

identiti66

That'd rock man... she seems quite keen.
I think she's got her mind set on a D if we have a go but, while we can spanner to a reasonable level, electrics and working stuff out isn't our forte, Wouldn't know where to start.. and from everything I've read, that canbus shizzle is a pain in the arse under normal circumstances - let alone trying to mod it (and those a20nft lumps go 4-figures on ebay, we couldn't go there - our budget after buying the donor car would be under a grand all in)

corsaZ22se

you will struggle to do a conversion to any car for under £3-4k time you buy a car. let alone a corsa D.
seen a couple of z20leh corsa D's at shows. must be a total pain to wire up and get all electrics to work :eek:
its the parts like brake upgrades, suspension, exhaust, that cost the money when doing conversions. the D's are not as fun to drive as a C once you upgrade the suspension. and the parts for the C are more plentiful and cheaper.
if Vauxhall would release the canbus data codes and addresses it would just be a case of plug in and reprogram but they don't want us having to much fun :cry:

identiti66

I have a complete Vectra B SRi 150 to scavenge parts from, wouldn't that make a huge dent in required parts?
In my last post, when I said donor car, I meant the Corsa the 2.2 would go in.

corsaZ22se

you still need a lot of other parts, remapped ecu (vx220 software works best/easier with corsa c) astra g f23 or rebuild the Vectra's box with astra/corsa gear case. no top mount on Vectra box. n/s drive shaft from corsa b 2.0 16v, astra engine mount corsa f23 gear box mounts. custom rad mounts or 1.4/1.8 corsa rad from belt engine not chain, gear shifter from corsa c f23. astra g air inlet pipe, meriva front brake upgrade, suspension.
mine came to around £3.5k to get on the road all in. then another £1.5k to supercharge it and another £1k to add blower cams and forge it and another £3k for the sound system. still need to do more/spend more. be over £10k time ive got it where I want it.
my corsa cost me £450, engine was free. so over £3k in parts, wheels, tyres, exhaust, suspension, brakes, mounts, soon adds up if you do it right and don't get cheap parts that will fail after a year or less.

identiti66

Wow.. quite an investment dude.. apart from the ecu shizzle, the rest is standard stuff I could maybe get from ebay or a breakers. Quality/longevity would be the issue there I guess but I could replace bit by bit as it wore out, lessening the blow. Maybe.
No way can I justify more than about a grand. Not in any rush and don't mind keeping hold of the Vectra so much planning to do. Which may come to nowt but it'll be interesting anyway.

Dave Gilbert

I have a 2.0 vectra b
i wanted to put the 2.0 engine in the corsa but

not sure on ecu, loom, gearbox etc etc. So think im gonna fix the vectra (gear selector cables i think) n mot n flog it. It gets stuck in either first or reverse im told (not.looked at it yet)