Z22YH Vectra C 2.2 direct loss of power at high rpm and limp mode

Hi everyone,
First of all I hope I've posted this in the right section as I'm new but in need of advice. My dad drives a 2004 Vectra C 2.2 direct that is unfortunately having some issues. I've read a ton of threads and most of the time the cause is the HP pump, however we've changed that less than 19,000 miles ago (about 5 years as we don't drive outside of town much). Brand new Continental pump as the Siemens one gave up.
Car is now having similar problems but not the same as when the Siemens died. Current symptoms are:
Idling is a little rough, no misfires but lower than usual and you can feel the car shaking a bit.
Car runs absolutely fine until about 4200rpm where sometimes it would stop accelerating, take a second and then reach 5000rpm where it would go into limp mode or just straight limp mode from 4000rpm.
Sometimes it won't start properly or at all.
MAF is new, sparks are new and coil pack was changed about 5,000 miles ago.
Since there isn't an Opel dealership where we live and my dad is worried the car might die on the road to one, it went to a local shop to check for fault codes where they told him they've read Fuel Pressure System malfunction. I get an idea what that might mean but I hope it's not the pump again but rather the fuel pressure regulator or maybe something else. I'm posting this in hope of someone that has gone through like this and might have an idea.
Apologies for the English, as I'm not from/in the UK.

mc radu

If you can have access to an op-com ..that it will more easy to check...
The high pressure fuel pump is brand new or second hand?...the one you replaced.
If you good in DIY...you can buy a repair kit and repair the one you have...at the moment
Where about are you?

If you can have access to an op-com ..that it will more easy to check...
The high pressure fuel pump is brand new or second hand?...the one you replaced.
If you good in DIY...you can buy a repair kit and repair the one you have...at the moment
Where about are you?
Eastern Europe.........
Brand new Continental done at the Opel dealership, as no other shop managed to find out what was going on with the car.
Got one of the cheap ELM327s today and the car also started misfiring. ELM logged it as Cylinder 2.
Will be replacing the coil pack in a couple of hours with a new one and will update the thread.
Not that good at DIY I'm afraid, but I've found a couple of guys that seem to repair the HP pumps, so that would be an option too if it's not just the coil pack that's gone.

mc radu

The reason I said having opcom...cos u can see live data...and there you can see the high pressure ..pump..Now cos u have a misfiring...that can be also a cause...try to close the circle by eliminating the issues...Hope you will sort it out...

Apologies for the late update to the thread.
Just returned from the Opel dealership. They told us it's the HP Pump. Since it was there where we changed it, a new conti pump survived 5 years and around 18,000km. Price has now gone from 850 euros to 1100. We found a guy that can repair it for 150 and will be giving that a go since a new one is pretty much half of the car's total price and they don't seem to survive anyway. Thanks!