b207r v Z22se Cams

Mario

can I use b207R cams in my Z22se head, the situation is that I thought my timing had jumped and my engine was down on power so I thought I would stick it in to the garage and get the timing chain done, turns out that my Z22se cams are totally fudged, I have two 207r engines in my lock up and I want to know if I can pull a set out of them and throw them in my Z22se, I know it will be down on power but I need to get it on the road as I need my car.

vocky

Staff
you will need to cut the end off the exhaust cam, but otherwise they will fit and work okay. You might lose a little bhp.

Mario

cheers mate, just sent you a PM as hadn't seen this reply lol. cheers, I will go get them pulled out and get them down to the garage so they can cut the end off to make them fit.

Mario

yeah I saw his thread and I am well aware in the short term I will lose power but I think my future plans have changed, Stage 1 will be a low boost Z22se aiming for 200bhp just to get all the piping and set-up right and then I will build the 207 based 2.2.

I took the 207 cams down and we had a look and decided that yes they will go once the end is cut off the Ex Cam, should be finished in the morning hopefully.